C&L AdvantagesDon't Settle For Anything Less Than Custom
DESIGN | BUILD | INSTALL
C & L Design Specialists has all the advantages over other cabinet companies. We use high tech design, build locally and install ourselves.
OUR CUSTOM DESIGNS
Virtual Online Design has the advantage over a traditional face-to-face meeting:
- Although we are always happy to meet with you at your project location, our computer-to-computer design platform allows us to begin designing today.
- Virtual designs can be done in the evening and on weekends, not only during normal business hours. We’re very flexible.
- Our flexibility allows busy people a way to collaborate without having to rush home to meet with a salesman.
- Customers send us a photo and basic dimensions – that’s it.
- At the end of the design, we email you a 3D rendering and estimate.
OUR FACE FRAME CABINETRY
Face Frame has the Quality advantage over Frameless construction:
- Frameless cabinetry is an inexpensive alternative to Face Frame, but cannot compete on Quality.
- C & L Face Frame cabinetry is built from the ground up with real wood. Nothing is imported. All wood is hand selected for each project.
- Frameless companies use prefabricated melamine boxes that typically ship cabinets from overseas. Then door and drawer faces that have been ordered from another vendor are installed.
- We build our door and drawer faces from scratch. And we use all soft close European hinges.
- C & L hand crafted cabinetry is built to last by fitting pieces together using dovetailed joints, dowels, or mortise-and-tenons instead of short-lived glues and nails.
- C & L uses 100% solid Maple wood with plywood cores for stained units, and 100% solid Maple wood with plywood veneer cores for painted units.
- Our cabinetry is finished using conversion varnish. Conversion varnish is more durable and will far outlast a lacquered finish. It has higher elasticity, which allows it to hold up better through wood joint expansion.
Face Frame has the Durability advantage over Frameless construction:
- The solid wood frame is attached directly to the cabinet box, supporting the overall structure and adding years of life to the cabinetry.
- The frame prevents racking, or skewing of a cabinet hung on an uneven wall or with a sloping floor.
- Face frame cabinets are joined at the frame with 2 ½-inch screws; frameless are joined box-to-box with 1-inch screws, since there is not much material.
- In face frame construction, hinges and glides are attached to a solid wood frame, so they won’t pull out of the box sides.
- Frameless cabinet shelves may sag over time and edge banding may peel away.
Face Frame has the Installation advantage over Frameless cabinetry:
- A face frame wall unit can be installed in less than a day. Frameless cabinets are modular boxes that are difficult to install when walls are uneven.
- Door overlays make Frameless cabinets trickier to install. When you are putting cabinets up against the walls, you need to make sure you have enough allowable space for the doors to open.
- Frameless cabinetry will be assembled at the home, as opposed to Face Frame, which is nearly finished before it is even loaded for delivery.
- It will always take longer to install frameless cabinetry and unanticipated delays are common. Most of our installs are completed in one day.
Face Frame has the Custom advantage over Frameless cabinetry:
- Face Frame cabinetry has the handcrafted look of fine furniture. Frameless are considered functional, but can never compete with the beauty of solid wood.
- The reason face frame cabinets are so popular in America is because of the ability to stylize them so each one looks different.
- Frameless cabinets are prefabricated, so you are limited to the sizes offered. They make up the difference with fillers, where they literally fill-in-the-gap.
- There are no gaps or fillers in a custom Face Frame unit. The entire project is customized to fit the space – down to the nearest ⅛-inch.
- With a Face Frame Cabinet, you can have a standard overlay or a full overlay door. On a Frameless Cabinet, the spacing is very tight since the door hinges directly to the side panel.
- Crown moldings can be face mounted directly to Face Frame cabinetry.